1. Our enclosed menus are suggestions. Our Executive Chef and Catering staff will be pleased to arrange a menu to suit your needs. Please advise if any of your guests have any dietary or allergy concerns, prior to the event. Desserts may have traces of nuts. Buffet products will be displayed for up to a maximum of one hour at any function to ensure the quality and integrity of the product. Please note that health regulations prohibit the removal of any food from the hotel.
2. As is customary, banquet prices are subject to change due to fluctuating food costs. Prices for all meal functions will be guaranteed for three (3) months prior to an event. We ask that you advise our catering department of your menu selection a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to your event.
3. Please advise our catering office of the guaranteed number of attendees four (4) business days prior to the event. Notifications for Monday events are due on the previous Wednesday. If the hotel is not notified within the established four (4) business days, the original expected figure will automatically become the guarantee.
4. The hotel will setup for five percent (5%) over the guaranteed number up to a maximum of 30 people, space permitting. The customer will be charged for the guaranteed number or the actual number served whichever is greater. Our round tables seat a maximum of ten (10) people. All of our rooms have limitations as to the number of tables. Once a guarantee number is given; numbers cannot be lowered.
5. The Glenmore Inn reserves the right to provide alternate function space. Should a guest wish to change the set-up of their room after it has been set, a labour charge will apply. When booking space, please book times to include any set-up time and teardown time you may require. Additional charges may apply.
6. For the protection of our guests, the Glenmore Inn will be the sole supplier of food and beverage items - the exception being wedding cakes.
7. A signed copy of our Catering contract returned to our Catering office will ensure that all agreed upon requirements are as stated.
8. To confirm a booking, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required. Billing privileges may be requested by the convener through the Glenmore Inn credit department. Private events are required to pay an initial, non-refundable, non-transferable deposit and 50% of the estimated charges three (3) weeks prior to the event and remaining balance four (4) business days prior to your event, by cash, certified cheque, debit card or credit card.
9. It is the policy of the Glenmore Inn to always serve alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. If alcohol is at your event it is the law that identification be provided by anyone under the age of 25. Alcoholic beverages shall not be served to persons under eighteen (18) years of age or intoxicated persons. The Glenmore Inn will contact the organizer to have them remove any of their guests causing a disturbance. As well, the hotel reserves the right to cease liquor service where applicable. The Glenmore Inn will in all cases adhere to the Alberta Liquor Control Act. Please refer to AGLC's website or contact us should you have any questions. www.aglc.ca
10. If the function is cancelled, the representative will pay to the hotel damages in accordance with the following:
Cancellations less than 15 days prior to function: 100% of anticipated revenues; including guestroom revenue.
Cancellations 15-31 days prior to function: 50% of anticipated revenues, including guestroom revenue, unless space is resold to an equal or greater value.
Cancellation more than 31 days prior to function: $500.00 or the amount of the initial deposit, whichever is greater.
11. The Glenmore Inn will not be responsible for loss or damage to any articles left in the hotel prior to, during or following any function. For your convenience, safety deposit boxes are available for your use at our Front Desk. Risers are limited, should you require them, please inform our catering department.
13. We would be happy to assist you with audio visual equipment, flowers and entertainment requirements.
14. Exterior space is limited and subject to Management discretion.
15. A 17% gratuity is charged on food and beverage totals and is distributed to the staff. G.S.T. will be added to the final bill.
16. Decoration of the room may be done on the day of the function or the night before, if the room is not in use. Please check with our office. Thumbtacks, nails, scotch tape and staples are not to be used in any banquet room. If anything is to be used - please use masking tape. All decorations must be removed when you leave. Failing to adhere to this rule could result in damage charges being assessed. Please note confetti and open flame candles are not allowed on hotel premises. Should confetti or like be used, a cleaning charge will be applied.
17. For the pleasure of all of our guests we ask that music not commence prior to 9:00p.m. and be completed by 1:00a.m. All musical entertainment is subject to Socan (Society of Composers & Music Publishers of Canada) and Re:Sound Tariff 5 and is applied to the final bill. The Glenmore Inn reserve the rights to inspect and control all private functions, including the conduct and performance of entertainers and the audible level of music played. Live bands are welcome at our hotel; however, due to the restrictions of some of our rooms, this form of entertainment may not be appropriate. Please confirm with catering office before booking live entertainment.
18. Guestrooms are based on availability and it is imperative that a block booking be made for any guestrooms required. Please see our Catering or Sales Department.
19. In the case of corkage bars, a valid liquor license is required. Alberta Liquor regulations do not allow any homemade wine, beer or liquor. At the conclusion of a corkage function, removal of all alcoholic beverages is the responsibility of the permit holder. Liquor may be dropped off and verified one day prior to the event. Corkage events over 400 people must have special permission from AGLC. Certain restrictions apply. Please refer to AGLC's website or contact us should you have any questions. www.aglc.ca
20. For large events, security personnel may be required. This charge will be applied to your final bill.
21. The Glenmore Inn may, at its sole discretion, cancel this contract by giving to the representative, oral or written notice of its decision to do so. If the Glenmore Inn determines that holding the function might be expected to result in civil commotion, harassment of patrons of the Glenmore Inn or damage to any of the property of the Glenmore Inn and the Glenmore Inn shall, as soon as reasonably possible thereafter, return to the representative any deposit paid to the Glenmore Inn. There shall be no other liability upon the Glenmore Inn. The organizer agrees to reimburse the Glenmore Inn for any damages or loss of revenue caused by their guests.
22. The Glenmore Inn shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any damages sustained by the representative, any member or guest of the organization represented by the representative or any other person, firm or corporation. The representative shall indemnify the Glenmore Inn against any and all claims and expenses for any loss or damages resulting from (A) The Glenmore Inn being unable to perform the services and provide the facilities set out in this contract as a result of strike, flood, fire, act of God or any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Glenmore Inn OR (B) The act or omission of the representative or any person attending the function.
23. The representative shall indemnify and save harmless the Glenmore Inn against any and all claims and expenses presented by any person(s), firm(s), corporation(s), attending the function for loss or damages sustained in the areas of the hotel designated for the holding of the function.
24. Shipments from Banquets and Catering functions cannot be received more than two days prior to an event, due to limited storage. Should you need to ship prior to this, it is the responsibility of the client to make alternate arrangements. Please ensure proper labeling is attached.
25. Food from Buffets and Packages are not transferable to breaks.
We thank you for considering the Glenmore Inn for your special event. We look forward to serving you.